Payroll Specialist (part-time, 30 hours per week)
Cornerstone Resources are recruiting for a part-time, experienced Payroll specialist to join our client Leathley & Co’s team.
Based in Poynton and reporting to the Directors, this role will provide a comprehensive standalone payroll service to our customers across both our Poynton and Whaley Bridge practices.
You will have a friendly, customer-focused approach to tackling all payroll-related queries and will be used to explaining complex issues to non-Finance professionals in simple terms.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Responsibility for all aspects of Payroll Administration, covering both weekly and monthly payroll cycles
- Liaison with our customers to ensure that you have all relevant payroll data
- Being an expert point of contact for customers, resolving/investigating any payroll queries in a timely and customer-focused manner
- Ensuring all statutory payments are calculated and processed correctly including SSP, SMP, SPP, NI, PAYE etc
- Being conversant with the Government CJRS scheme, including furlough and flexible furlough calculations
- Processing and calculating various pay rates, shift allowances, bonuses and any required deductions
- Pension administration for our customers
- Processing Starter and Leaver administration for our customers
- Processing P60’s, P45’s and supporting with the yearend process
Attractive compensation package
We are offering a competitive salary of £20,000 – £25,000 per annum (this will be pro-rated) as well as a generous benefits package. The successful candidate will be employed for 30 hours per week, to be worked flexibly over 4 or 5 days at our central Poynton office.
Payroll Specialist application process
To apply for the role of Payroll Specialist, please email your cv and a covering letter to [email protected] by Thursday 31st December 2020.
It is likely that the interviews will take place on Friday 8th January 2021.